Team photo showing Beeston Hill Parish Church A.F.C. posing with the 1932 cup winners trophy. The proud winners are also joined by their 'mascot' on the front row, a small dog. "B.H.P.C. 1932 CUP WINNERS" is displayed on the leather football in the centre. On the back row, second from the right, is a young man named Jim Wheeler. Top row left is Richard Hopps, step father to Jim Wheeler and owner of the dog in the photograph. The player kneeling front right is Richard Hampshire. Between 1918 and 1936 the vicar of Beeston Hill Parish Church, also known as St. Luke's, was the Reverend William Edward Smith, often referred to as W.E. 1932 was the year of the church's Diamond Jubilee. It was consecrated on 18th January 1872 and the first service took place on 15th February of that year.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.