7th March 2011.
View from Headingley Cricket Ground of the Carnegie Pavilion, Yorkshire County Cricket Club's new state-of-the-art facilities built in partnership with Leeds Metropolitan University and opened in July 2010. The cricket ground was built on land purchased by the Leeds Football, Cricket and Athletic Club Ltd. from the Cardigan estate and hosted its first match in 1890. Yorkshire County Cricket Club first played here in June 1891 and the ground was soon to become their main venue, but it was not until 31st December 2005 that they purchased the ground themselves. It is now part of the Headingley Carnegie Stadium along with the adjacent rugby ground and is jointly managed by Yorkshire CCC and Leeds Rugby.