View shows the Methodist Centre on Town Street, with Hawthorn Vale on the left and houses numbered 1-7 Town Street Walk on the right. The Methodist Centre was Chapel Allerton's original Wesleyan Chapel, dating from 1794. After the increasing congregation had led to the opening of a new church on Harrogate Road in 1876, this building was converted to a Sunday School (a circular stone plaque at the top bears the words "Wesleyan Sunday School 1878"). Plans to demolish it were considered in the 1960s but instead it was refurbished, became a listed building and was renamed the Methodist Youth and Community Centre. The last service at the Harrogate Road church was held in 1981; it was then demolished and a new church was built just opposite this building, opening on 12th February 1983.