2nd September 2005.
Canal Gardens in Roundhay Park is formally laid out in contrast to the natural landscape of the park on the opposite side of Prince's Avenue, The rose garden was planted near here in 1901 and the 'canal' attracts several species of waterfowl. It was laid out in 1833 for the Nicholson family and was originally the site of a walled kitchen garden dating from c1816.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.