leodis logo

Leeds City Council

Open archives compliant site

Supported by BIG Lottery Fund

Enrich UK Lottery Fund

Canal Gardens


Canal Gardens
Description:
2nd September 2005. Canal Gardens in Roundhay Park is formally laid out in contrast to the natural landscape of the park on the opposite side of Prince's Avenue, The rose garden was planted near here in 1901 and the 'canal' attracts several species of waterfowl. It was laid out in 1833 for the Nicholson family and was originally the site of a walled kitchen garden dating from c1816.

User Comments:
This photograph cannot be purchased due to copyright restrictions.