6th June 2006.
Image shows the 'Castle' situated at the head of Waterloo Lake in Roundhay Park, a folly built for the Nicholson family in 1821, by master builder, George Nettleton. The folly served as a summerhouse and originally had a wooden roof. The Nicholson girls came here to sew and shooting parties on the estate used the upper room as a luncheon venue.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.