leodis logo

Leeds City Council

Open archives compliant site

Supported by BIG Lottery Fund

Enrich UK Lottery Fund

The Castle, Roundhay Park

The Castle, Roundhay Park
6th June 2006. Image shows the 'Castle' situated at the head of Waterloo Lake in Roundhay Park, a folly built for the Nicholson family in 1821, by master builder, George Nettleton. The folly served as a summerhouse and originally had a wooden roof. The Nicholson girls came here to sew and shooting parties on the estate used the upper room as a luncheon venue.

User Comments:
This photograph cannot be purchased due to copyright restrictions.