Image shows the domed drinking fountain, built in the classical corinthian style to designs by Thomas Ambler, architect, of number 9 Park Place. It was the gift of clothing manufacturer and former Mayor of Leeds, John Barran M.P, who was instrumental in acquiring Roundhay Park for the town in 1871. The opening ceremony for the fountain was held on 3rd April 1882. The design for the fountain was chosen to compliment the mansion building and the stone was quarried at Park Spring Quarry at Hough Top, Bramley.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.