Postcard with a postmark of 22nd April 1905 showing playtime at Chapel Allerton Council School. Built as Chapeltown Board School in 1879, it was designed by Leeds School Board architect Richard Adams. The school continues in use today (2011) and is now known as Chapel Allerton Primary School. Children are playing here in the large playground at the front of the school, many of them gathered in a circle for activities with three members of staff. The school is situated on Harrogate Road.