View of Harehills County Secondary School AKA Harehills Middle School in the 1970s. The school situated between Conway Street and Conway Mount and fronting Harehills Road, opened on 14th October 1897 as Gipton Board School. Conway Street is visible on the left. Nearest the camera is the boys' section with the entrance at the right edge. The entrance to the girls' section is seen behind the three parked cars. Nowadays the building is occupied by the office, conference and events centre, 'Shine' which offers facilities, advice and support for new businesses in the local community.