Colour-tinted postcard of Lowtown from around the early 20th century. On the right, by the junction with Studley Terrace, is the shop of Robert Winterburn, ironmonger, of no. 26 Lowtown. The building with the tower in the background is the Mechanics Institute, opened in 1880, which from 1912 until 1974 was used as Pudsey's Town Hall.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.