View of the church of St Cyprian and St James, located in Bellbrooke Avenue at the junction with Coldcotes Avenue. This brick church replaced a temporary wooden structure dating from 1903. The closure of St James's Church in Cross York Street in 1949 meant that a new parish was created, that of St Cyprian and St James. This new Church was built in 1959. The Abbot and Smith organ, the pulpit, communion table, lectern and the Bishop's chair , now housed in the modern church, originally belonged to the church of St James. Linked to St Cyprian and St James is a recently built chuch hall (2007).
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.