A very old image showing Armley Ridge Terrace, a group of six stone built houses located off Armley Ridge Road. They number from left to right, 6 to 1. The houses were owned by George Ballinger and passed to his son, Frederick, before being sold around the period of the Second World War. The Kelly's Directory of Leeds for 1913 lists George Frederick Ballinger, a gas stove finisher, as living at number 3 Armley Ridge Terrace. His son Frederick , in later years lived at number 6 with his family. The houses have long gardens which are planted with vegetables including cabbages. Gotts Park with the mansion, Armley House, golf course and rose garden is located, on the opposite side of Armley Ridge Road to Armley Ridge Terrace.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.