View shows tram 299, bound for Briggate, at the junction of Roundhay Road and Sheepscar Street South. This ex-Southampton car had a short life in Leeds, beginning in service on 19th January 1951 and being withdrawn on 2nd October 1953. On the left is Sheepscar Branch Library, now the Leeds headquarters of the West Yorkshire Archives Service, while on the right is the Victoria public house on Roundhay Road.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.