View shows tram no. 276 in Middleton Woods on route no. 12 to Middleton. Tram 276 was a post-war car built at Kirkstall Road Works. Constructed using much second-hand material, it was intended to be the prototype for a new fleet of trams but ended up being one of a kind and had the distinction of being the last double-deck tram to be built at Kirkstall Road. It was built in 1947-48 and first ran in service on 20th September 1948.