View of St.Joseph's Presbytery Church in Mount Pleasant Road. The red brick building dates from 1933 when it replaced the 1913 timber-framed Parish Hall which had been used as the church. The original gothic chapel located in The Lanes, dates from 1883 when the Parish was formed. Eventually, a school was needed for the growing Catholic population of Pudsey, and part of the old, victorian church was designated for this purpose. It remains a school today but an extension was built in 1959. Other major alterations have taken place over the years to meet modern standards.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.