Image shows the Church of St.John the Evangelist situated on the east side of Town Street. It dates from 1843 and was designed by William Wallen of Huddersfield. Prior to 1843 Farsley had been part of the parish of St. Wilfred, Calverley. The Lord of the Manor of Calverley, Thomas Thornhill of Fixby Hall, gave the land, and subscription's were collected locally and from further afield. The style is Gothic Revival, Early English Lancet. The clock in the tower was made by William Potts & Sons Ltd of Leeds in 1925. It relaced the original Potts clock of 1853, when that one was removed and installed in Christ Church in Meadow Lane. The face of the clock in the image was made by Butler's in Stanningley. St.John's Church is Grade 2 listed.