View of Church Lane taken from Market Place where the bus station is situated. The white-rendered building housing Kwik Save is the former Pudsey Picture House at number 29 Church Street. It opened on 22nd November 1920 with a showing of "Darby and Joan" starring Derwent Hall and Ivy Close. The Mayor of Pudsey, Alderman W.H. Sharp performed the opening ceremony. Tickets were priced at 6d, 9d,
1 shilling and 1 shilling and 6d. On the 12th November 1960 the Picture House closed with a final showing of " Doctor in Love ". Nowadays, the building is occcupied by Sainsbury's who took over the former Kwik Save store in 2007. At the left edge is a branch of Greggs at number 2 Market Place.Whitegates is at the right edge at number 25 Church Lane.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.