Image shows the old fire station at Pudsey. The building was formerly occupied by the old municipal offices on Waver Green. It was converted to a fire station in the early 1920's on the receipt of two new fire engines which required larger accommodation. The voluntary Fire Brigade which had existed since the early 19th century was taken over by the Local Board of Health in 1886. The old fire station is now known as Pudsey House, tenanted by Pudsey Council for Voluntary Services. It is located in the Market Place.