View of Fulneck School, showing the original boy's entrance. The school, located in Fulneck, was founded in 1753. At that time the education provided here was for the son's and daughters of the ministers and missionaries of the Moravian Church, Communities belonging to the Moravian Church, initially from Moravia in the Czech Republic, had become established in the United Kingdom, including this area of Pudsey now known as Fulneck. The Kelly's Directory of the West Riding of Yorkshire for 1908 lists both the Moravian Boarding School for Young Gentlemen and the Moravian Boarding School for Young Ladies. The education of girls had been encouraged over the centuries. Nowadays, Fulneck School is an independent christian school catering for pupils between the ages of 3 and 18, providing modern facilities and a varied programme of learning.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.