View of Primrose Hill Primary School situated in Primrose Hill. The first meeting of the Pudsey School Board was held on the 28th January 1875. A census was taken of the number of children in the district, with a view to making provision for their education. This meant a building programme of new schools including Primrose Hill. When it first opened it had places for 200 hundred pupils. By 1908 it could accommodate 389 boys and girls and 191 infants. On average the numbers were lower with only 222 children and 82 infants in regular attendance. Nowadays, the school has around 377 children on roll between the ages of 3 and 11 years.