Tinted postcard view of Featherbank Lane looking in the direction of what is now Broadway, part of the Ring Road. The large property is Abbey View which was demolished to make way for the construction of the Ring Road. Featherbank School was later built just in front of the site. Abbey View was once the home of Bradford Architect, Charles France (1833-1902). Many fine buildings in Bradford and the surrounding area's are attributed to him and his partner Eli Milnes (1830-1899), including the gothic-style Manningham Police Station. Charles France is listed as residing here in 1872. The name of the house suggests there was a view of Kirkstall Abbey from the upper storey's. The elderly woman is possibly leaning over the garden wall of number 23 Featherbank Lane, one of a pair of stone cottages that are still there today. Featherbank Lane runs between the Ring Road and New Road Side.