View taken in summer 2010 showing the entrance to the old works office of the Hunslet Engine Company on Jack Lane, now a Grade II listed building. A Leeds Civic Trust Blue Plaque is seen beside the door on the right. Founded in 1864, the Hunslet Engine Company was one of the most successful of several companies manufacturing locomotives in the vicinity, and continued to produce engines on this site for export all over the world until 1995. The company is still in operation, though now part of the LH Group of Companies and based at Maple Park, Lowfields Avenue.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.