View of Salem Congregational Church which was founded in 1784. The Grade II listed building was renamed Salem United Reformed Church in 1972 and the last service was held on 30th June 2002. The main entrance of the church fronts Hunslet Lane. The cleared ground in the foreground had been the site of nineteenth century cottages called South Row which were demolished post-war. Salem Church is the only surviving 18th century dissenting chapel in Leeds but has recently been restored (2009) as the Headquarters of AQL, a telecommunications services company.