27th August 1967.
View of Beeston Town Street showing Beeston Picture House just in front of the family group. It was situated at number 13 Town Street and opened on the 19th April 1920. The 1,073 seater cinema was designed by architect, T.A. Buttery of Morley and Leeds. When it opened with a showing of the silent movie, 'A Romance of Happy Valley' starring Robert Harron and Lillian Gish, the Picture House Orchestra played. The Picture House closed on the 4th July 1959 and is now demolished. The entry to St. Mary's Church is on the right.