View shows an old house on the corner of Hunslet Lane and South Brooke Street. Sometimes refered to as Brooke House or Brooke Hall, it was once the residence of Alderman John Brooke (or Brook) who was Mayor of Leeds in 1736 and 1754. It had been built by another Mayor of Leeds, Alderman Thomas Kitchingman, who held the office in 1688 and 1705. After its demolition in 1932 a commemoration plaque was erected on the site using materials from the demolished building. This has since been repositioned slightly due to road changes and can now be seen on Meadow Lane close to the Salem Church.