Image shows the players and members of "Bus Vale" (Buslingthorpe) Rugby League Football Club as they proudly pose with their winning trophies and shield. They are pictured in front of what was then the premises of Wine & Spirit Retailer, Isaac Taylor, of number 240 Meanwood Road, located between the junctions of Firnley Street and Buslingthorpe Green. This was known as the Junction Hotel. In the 1920s "Bus Vale" Rugby League Football Club transferred to their new home ground, the former site of Rowley's quarry which closed in 1916 and was subsequently filled-in. On the right, with dark hair parted down the centre and crouched on one knee, is John Charles Hill who was born in 1890. He worked as a currier at one of the local tanneries (possibly Buslingthorpe Tannery - Broadhead & Conyers). Any more information regarding the history of the team and identification of anyone in the picture is welcomed.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.