Image shows the very last of the horse-drawn buses, photograph at Kirkstall Works in Kirkstall Road in 1911. The bus has seats for 10 passengers and a destination of Old Farnley. The first horse-drawn bus service began in Leeds in 1838 with a route to Far Headingley. On 21st June 1911 a new trolley bus system opened for the Farnley route which ran between City Square and New Farnley. Leeds was the first City to pioneer the trolley bus system with Bradford only a few days behind.