View from the direction of Armley Mills towards Kirkstall Power Station, seen right. The Power Station was built between 1928 and 1930 by the City of Leeds and further extended between 1943 and 1944. It closed in October 1978 and the cooling towers were demolished in 1979. The remaining buildings were cleared by 1986. In the centre the weir is visible on the River Aire. To the left there are a series of ramshackle buildings between the canal and the river (the Leeds & Liverpool Canal is behind the buildings, left). A couple of vardos or Romany caravans can be seen. The trees on the left are part of Cunliff Wood.