View from Oxford Road of The Station public house by the junction with Otley Road, left. This pub was originally known as the Fountain Inn, but later changed its name after the railway station was built nearby. The railway station was built in about 1865 but the pub continued to be known as the Fountain until around 1887-1889, presumably at the time that the licensee changed, from the Lockwood family, who had held it for a number of years, to William Campbell.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.