View shows the two Italianate towers at the Tower Works on Globe Road. The one on the left was built as a chimney in 1864 by Thomas Shaw and was based on the 12th century Lamberti tower in Verona. It was completely overshadowed by the larger Giotti tower to the right (though it appears smaller from this perspective) when it was built in 1899, designed by William Bakewell in the style of the Duomo Cathedral in Florence. Tower Works was the premises of steel pin and needle manufacturers T.R. Harding & Son Ltd., later Harding, Rhodes & Co., which closed in 1981. The works have now largely been demolished but the two towers remain, and are both Grade II listed.