View of the site of the former Tower Works on Globe Road, now largely demolished, showing the two Grade II listed Italianate towers in the centre. On the left is the chimney built by Thomas Shaw in 1864 and based on the great Lamberti tower in Verona. To the right is the Giotti tower built in 1899 by William Bakewell in the style of the Duomo Cathedral in Florence, which served as a dust extraction chimney. Tower Works, the premises of T.R. Harding & Son Ltd., steel pin and needle manufacturers, closed in 1981.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.