View shows the Matthew Murray House at no.97 Water Lane, seen from the David Street end. Originally a workshop forming part of the Round Foundry, built between 1857 and 1877, it is now a Grade II listed building. The Round Foundry was originally the works of Matthew Murray's engineering firm, Fenton, Murray and Wood, but the firm closed in 1843 so this building would have been built by Smith, Beacock and Tannett, machine tool manufacturers, who took over the site and renamed it the Victorian Foundry.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.