Watercolour painting of King Lane Farm by Joe Tunnington. The solicitor, J.H. Milner purchased the King Lane Farm Estate from the Lane Fox family in 1918 and formed the Alwoodley Park Estate Association in order to develop affordable housing. 207 plots were offered for sale in 1921, at 1 shilling per yard, varying in size between 1,260 and 8,000 square yards. It was one of the earliest lots to be sold and was purchased by a Mr. Ward. The lot included a separate cottage and a large barn(which at that time was rented by cabinet maker George Gill.) Water was originally provided by a well. King Lane Farm still stands near the junction of Stairfoot Lane, adjacent to Headingley Golf course.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.