View of a garden entered into the Flowers For Leeds Competition in 1951. It was situated on the post-war St. Mark's pre-fab estate and gardeners working with cleared sites such as this one only had a very shallow layer of soil to create their displays. Mr. G.H. Blane of 21 St. Mark's Street entered the annual competition regularly and won prizes, including first prize in his class in 1952 and 1954.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.