View shows work in progress on the development of the flats formerly known as Saxton Gardens. Built as council flats and originally opened in 1957, they are here being stripped back to the steel frame before being remodelled. 410 new apartments are being created on the 5 acre site by developers
Urban Splash, designed by architects Union North. Opened in 2009, the development is now named simply 'Saxton'. Image courtesy of Leslie Cole.