View shows the west side of Templar House with Lady Lane on the right. Car parks are seen in the foreground. Templar House is a grade II listed building dating from 1840 that was originally a chapel of the Wesleyan Methodist Association. It later became a United Methodist Chapel before being converted to offices in 1933. Since then its occupants have included Hoover Ltd., vaccum cleaner manufacturers, an Army recruiting office, an Unemployment Benefit Office, and at the time of the photo, British Road Services.