Image shows the interior of the Thornton's Arcade, looking in the direction of Lands Lane. In the background the famous clock by William Potts Ltd. of Leeds can be seen, with the mechanical figures just in view. The Thornton's Arcade was built between Lands Lane and Briggate by Charles Thornton in 1877. It was refurbished in the 1990s.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.