View shows Back Elford Place, looking east towards Harehills Road. This is the back of terraced homes that front Elford Place, left, and Elford Grove, right. The properties have small back yards and most have outbuildings, some of them used for coal but they may have originally been outside toilets. The street is one of several running parallel with the south side of Banstead Park. In the background, left, part of Harehills County Secondary School is visible, located in Harehills Road. This was originally Gipton Board School when it opened in 1897. Later it became known as Harehills County Secondary School and Harehills Middle School under the 3-tier education system of the 1970s. Back Elford Place is situated in the 'Harehills Triangle' an area between Harehills Road and Roundhay Road.