View of the old Cragg Hill Zion Baptist Chapel, situated on the corner of Cragg Hill. It dates from the very early 19th century, c1801 to 1803, originally had sittings for 500 people and is now Grade II listed. The chapel is to the left of the picture but the main focus of the photograph is
'Chapel Cottage' a three storey cottage attached to the west side. The top storey is accessed by a cantilevered flight of external steps. At the point
where the steps turn there is a blocked door which would once haved led through to the chapel. The gable end to the right edge is part of a terrace of old stone built houses, Cragg Terrace. Modern town houses are visible in the background, right. Out of shot on the right is what had been the Zion Sunday School. This is now part of South Parade Baptist Church and the original chapel is a nursery addressed as Cherubs Kindergarton, Chapel Cottage, 18 Cragg Hill.