In this view, taken in the playground of Sheepscar Council School, parents and carers have gathered to watch the pupils take part in May Day celebrations. The school buildings dominate the background. A procession of little girls, each dressed in white with flowers in their hair, are carrying posies. Behind them, a baby in a coach built pram is propped up to watch the proceedings. Sheepscar Council School is now demolished but was situated on Wilmington Grove at the junction with Barrack Street (off Meanwood Road). It had opened on 15th November 1875.