View of Headingley Golf course located between Church Lane and King Lane, with an entrance in Back Church Lane. The Headingley Golf Club was founded in 1892 and was originally based on the Beckett Estate (now Beckett Park) on Spen Lane. The club eventually outgrew the 9 hole course and in 1906 it moved to the present site, an 18 hole course created on a site near to Adel Church and stretching across to King Lane. In 1969 it was confirmed that a Roman Road had run through part of the course and evidence was found in the 3rd, 12th 14th and 15th fairways. During the Second World War incendiary bombs fell on the golf course. Behind the photographer a small track runs between King Lane and King Lane Farm.