View of Tannery Cottage, a stone-built property located off the south side of Green Road, adjacent to Highbury Works (Robert Jowitt & Sons, Fellmongers). At this time Tannery Cottage was occupied by James Vennard (1863-1932) and his wife, Emily (nee Bradley). They married on the 7th October 1896 and went on to raise a family of nine children. James Vennard was a City of Leeds policeman. The 1927 Directory of Leeds lists him as a confectioner and in charge of Meanwood Post Office at number 2 Stonegate Road, Meanwood. Mr. and Mrs. Vennard can be seen, looking out of the upstairs window on the right.