View looking across the gardens of Park Square towards Rivers House, the offices of the Yorkshire Water Authority at no.21 Park Square South. This was built in 1938 on the site of St. Paul's Church, a private Anglican church for the residents of the Park estate. Consecrated in September 1793, the church had seating for over 1000 but all pews were reserved, at a rent of 16 shillings a year. The church was rarely full and became unsustainable, subsequently being demolished in 1906.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.