Image shows the noticeboard for the church of St. Cyprian and St. James, announcing the programme of services. At this time the vicar was the Reverend D. vasey and St. Cyprian's vicarage was in Foundry Approach. St. Cyprian's church dates fom 1903 when it was just a wooden structure built on brick foundations. When St. James's church closed down in Cross York Street in 1949 the two congregations joined together and a new parish was formed, that of St. Cyprian's and St. James. A new church, built in buff-coloured brick opened in 1959. Some treasured items from St. James's church were installed in the new church, including the Abbot & Smith organ, the pulpit, communion table, lectern and the Bishop's chair. St. Cyprian's and St. James's church is located at the junction of Bellbrooke Avenue and Coldcotes Avenue.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.