Members of the Beeston branch of the Leeds United Supporters Club gather outside the Old Punchbowl Hotel at no. 61 Town Street before a trip to the coast. This is the "new" Old Punchbowl which replaced the original hotel of the same name around 1890. The landlord and landlady at the time were Arthur and Eileen Moss, whose daughter Mrs. Patricia Smith supplied the photo. She names some of those pictured as:-
Front row: left Hughie Burns (window dresser), 2nd left Johnny Johnson (concert room waiter), 5th left Mr Carlile who ran the nearby Pie & Pea shop, 7th left Eileen Moss (landlady), 11th left Harold Thompson.
Middle row: 3rd left Billy Dillingham, 4th left Leo Johnson (Johnny's brother), 6th left Herbert Hardisty, 9th left Terry Johnson (postman, brother of Johnny and Leo)
Back row: 2nd left Ronnie Silk, 3rd left Arthur Moss (landlord - partly hidden to left of the number 61), 4th left Stan Dunderdale, 7th left Stan Hullah, 8th left Eric Carlile.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.