View shows Osmondthorpe House, situated off Osmondthorpe Lane behind Osmondthorpe Cottages, which was built by William Schofield, building contractor, as a residence for himself and his family. The house was erected on the site of the former stables of Osmondthorpe New Hall, an 18th century mansion which was destroyed by fire in 1924. This image, believed to date from around the early 1920s, was taken during the time that it was occupied by the Schofield family, who were known to be in residence between 1901 and 1927. The house has since been demolished. Photograph and information courtesy of Dr. William Granville Schofield.