View shows Osmondthorpe House, situated off Osmondthorpe Lane behind Osmondthorpe Cottages, which was built by William Schofield as a residence for himself and his family. The house was erected on the site of the former stables of Osmondthorpe New Hall, an 18th century mansion whose grounds became East End Park. The image shows the house with tennis courts in front, during the time that it was occupied by the Schofield family, who were known to be there between 1901 and 1927. The house has since been demolished. Photograph and information courtesy of Dr. William Granville Schofield.