Undated. View of the old Marquis of Granby public house at 56 Lady Lane, at the junction with St Peter's Street, looking West. Behind it can be seen one of the "book end" buildings at the bottom of Eastgate, while Eastgate itself can be seen on the image in-between the two buildings. The Marquis of Granby was rebuilt in 1897 and closed on 9th February, being demolished shortly afterwards for a road widening and improvement scheme. A new Marquis of Granby was built at the junction of Bridge Street and Quarry Hill, opening on 10th February 1933. The pub carries an advertisement for Melbourne Ales, from the nearby Melbourne Brewery on Regent Street.