Undated. View of Micklefield railway station, looking east to where the line splits to go to either York or Selby. The station was opened by the Leeds & Selby Railway in 1834, with the buildings on the left of the image being added a year later. In 1869 the line to Church Fenton was added by North Eastern Railway (NER) and the station house rebuilt, followed by a complete rebuilding of the station in 1876 with a footbridge, new platforms, and a booking office on the westbound platform. The bridge and platform buildings were demolished in the 1970s, although the station house on the left remains.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.